This is a great recipe, it is so very tasty and also very naughty because they certainly aren’t made from carrot sticks. These little crackle monsters are one of those fun things to cook with kids. Kids will love to get involved with the decorating of the monsters.
When it comes to decorating the monsters, your kids will have a ball. Choosing different colored mouths (snake pieces) or giving the monster three eyes instead of two will definitely give the kids something to enjoy. I am sure lots of the decorations will also easily find their way into little mouths.
You could even add sprinkles to add warts to your monsters or get some packaged fairy floss to use as hair. The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination. So enjoy making these colorful and fun homemade treats for kids.
4 cups of white marshmellows
5 cups of rice bubbles
70 grams of butter
1 cup of white chocolate melts
Your choice of food coloring
White chocolate melts
First you will want to make the eyes. Using your icing as the glue you can dab a small amount onto the flat side of the chocolate chip and push it onto the flat side of your white chocolate melt. Now you have your monster eyes.
Cut the snakes into pieces so that you can use them for the monster’s mouths.
Next we need to make the monster crackle mixture.
1. Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat and add the 4 cups of marshmellows. Stir continuously as this mixture can burn and brown quite easily.
2. When the marshmellows have melted and fully combined add in the cup of white chocolate melts. The chocolate melts are designed to melt quick and easily. Continue stirring until chocolate has fully melted and combined with the marshmellow mixture.
3. You can now stir in your choice of food coloring. Add a drop or two at a time until you get to the desired color.
4. Then stir in all of the rice bubbles until they are completely covered and then take off the heat
5. The next step gets quite sticky, before the mixture has a chance to cool, place portions of the mixture into patty pans.
6. Before the mixture starts to set add the eyes and the snake pieces so that they stick to the crackle monsters.
Place them into the fridge to set for at least half an hour and then you and your kids can enjoy eating these fun and colorful crackle monsters.
So now that you have finished these fun homemade treats for kids, I would love to hear your thoughts on how they turned out. Did you find this recipe of fun things to cook with kids a good way to get them interested in the cooking?